All the 1970s - 80s Dope Riders, along with other of my comics, are in my anthology Awaiting the Collapse. The comics I've done from 2015 through 2020 are in my new anthology, A Fistful of Delirium. Both are available at www.paulkirchner.com. If you'd like to purchase Dope Rider merchandise, I’ve opened shops on some on-line stores. I have a Dope Rider shop at Red Bubble and have a Dope Rider Store at CafePress.com. Your patronage is most appreciated!

Friday, November 24, 2017

Dope Rider "Day in the Life"

My French publisher, Tanibis Editions, has just put out an anthology of my work titled Awaiting the Collapse. It contains all my old Dope Rider episodes from the 1970s through 1980s, fully restored and recolored, as well as other artwork from that period. In order that there not be any blank pages, I did some spot illustrations, among them five Dope Rider drawings. At the time I was completing this work I was also in the process of moving out of my house and it was difficult to keep up with the monthly strip for High Times, so I used the five spot drawings to make the one page comic below. The following month I was not able to meet my deadline--I had no studio set up--so there's an issue of High Times missing a Dope Rider (I think the October issue), but since then I'm back on schedule.




No comments:

Post a Comment